Re: LOADPATH not initialised from OCTAVE_PATH

From: etienne grossmann
Subject: Re: LOADPATH not initialised from OCTAVE_PATH
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 14:46:49 +0000 (WET)

  Hello,

#  As far as I understand LOADPATH should be initialised from the shell
#  environment variable OCTAVE_PATH, if present. However, for me, this does
#  not seem to happen, and I can find any reason why; I've tried omitting
#  various initialisation files, but that does not seem to help.

  You are right, doc (octave-htmldoc/octave_12.html#SEC95) says :

Built-in Variable: LOADPATH

     A colon separated list of directories in which to search for
   function files. See section Functions and Script Files. The value
   of LOADPATH overrides the environment variable OCTAVE_PATH. See
   section Installing Octave.

  Maybe it is a bug. Check that LOADPATH isn't re-defined in the file
"/usr/share/octave/2.0.13.95/m/startup". Otherwise, you may set
LOADPATH in your ~/.octaverc file.

   If you like, I have matlab-like functions "addpath" and "rmpath"
that are handy.

  Cheers,

  Etienne