Re: Matlab5 file format

From: Jonathan King
Subject: Re: Matlab5 file format
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:40:10 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, John W. Eaton wrote:

> On 15-Dec-1999, Erich Schneider <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> | At last the file format of Matlab 5 seems to be documented! I have a
> | pdf file with a detailed description of the format. I think this file
> | should be somewhere on the MathWorks server (sorry, I don't know the
> | exact location).
>
> Yes, I saw that.
>
> Now, would anyone like to write some free code at least for reading
> data in that format?  If you are interested in working on this as a
> project for Octave, please contact me.

I need this in a pretty bad way, (lots of EEG and fMRI data gets exchanged
in this format these days, and these files are big enough that you really
don't want to mess around too much...)  So that if I take a peak and don't
think I can hack it (as it were), I'd be willing to pay something for free
software that can do this, assuming I can get our purchasing people to do
a PO for this.

jking