Re: Sparse functions for octave

From: A+A Adler
Subject: Re: Sparse functions for octave
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 23:11:24 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, John W. Eaton wrote:
> Here's an example for the integer class defined in make_int.cc:
>   octave_value_list
>   octave_integer::do_index_op (int, const octave_value_list& idx)

Great, thanks. I've now got indexing working on sparse variables.

However in order to implement an efficient indexing algorithm,
I need to sort the idx_vector, and then use the sort index
to build the extracted matrix.

After digging around in /usr/local/include/octave/idx-vector.h,
I found several methods on idx_vector which look promising.

I can use idx_vector::sort, but I need to get the sort index
as well.

Could you explain if any of the methods on idx_vector allow
this?

thanks
Andy Adler,                               address@hidden