Re: Installation problem on AIX 4.2

From: Thomas Ruedas
Subject: Re: Installation problem on AIX 4.2
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:44:11 +0100

Hello,
thank you for your suggestion, but I think that this is not the problem,
because as far as I can see, curses.h is found as well; every test or
loop for ncurses in configure also tests/loops for curses. Maybe I
should have posted the following 3 lines of the logfile as well:
configure:5370: gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -g conftest.c -lncurses  -lm
1>&5
collect2: Library libncurses not found
configure:5351: checking for tputs in -lcurses
configure:5370: gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -g conftest.c -lcurses  -lm
1>&5
configure:5411: checking for struct exception in math.h
I'm not very much of an expert, but shouldn't that be sufficient then?
Or do I have to exclude all the ncurses appearences explicitly?
(Lamentably, I don't have autoconf, and I don't feel like installing
_just_another_piece_of_software_, as I am already wasting lots of time
installing tons of software while neglecting my real work).
BTW, the first thing I had tried was to compile with xlc/xlC instead of
the GNU compilers, and that failed very early in the makefile run
because termcap.h was not found - although there is a termcap.h in
/usr/local/include.
Can't I tell configure or gmake about library and include search paths
somehow? I didn't see a possibility in configure --help.
If you have further suggestions, please cc me your posts.
Regards,
Thomas Ruedas
Institute of Meteorology and Geophysics, J.W.Goethe University Frankfurt
e-mail: address@hidden
http://www.geophysik.uni-frankfurt.de/~ruedas/