stand-alone executable

From: Klaus Gebhardt
Subject: stand-alone executable
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:59:15 -0400

Hi,

 > I'm using Octave 2.1.14 for OS/2.
 > Can I make a stand-alone executable?
 > (by compiling my C++ codes and linking with Octave C++ class libs)
 > If possible, what should be changed in make-octfile script?
 > I know how I write DLFs, but it needs Octave to be started.

Yes that should be possible, because the Octave executable is just build by
 compiling octave.cc and builtins.cc and linking the resulting object files
 with the Octave C++ class libs. You have replace octave.cc and builtins.cc
 with your files the file src/makefile.os2 and recompiled Octave.

If you prefer to modify the make-octfile.cmd script, you must modify the
last  part:

'gcc' gccopt2 '-s -c' ccfile '-o' name || '.o' '@echo NAME' name || '
WINDOWCOMPAT NEWFILES>' name || '.def' '@echo DESCRIPTION ' || d2c(34) ||
name || '.exe, (c) Your Name 1999' ||  d2c(34) || '>>' name || '.def'
'@echo.>>' name || '.def' '@echo STACKSIZE 65536>>' name || '.def' 'gcc'
gccopt2 '-o' name || '.exe' name || '.def' name || '.o' lnkopt2  '-Zcrtdll
-Zstack 0x10000' '@del' name || '.o' name || '.def >NUL 2>NUL'

If you have any problems please let me know.

Klaus Gebhardt [TEAM OS/2]

Requires PGP version 2.6 or later.

iQEVAwUBOBWXhgSFvUzSNwOBAQH0wQf/Re1XU3LHEIdzcbrkEVWcjEt693LJWv2O
Qpi03SVoCvV5d4pceYohnuok3ku0sP4w2GJ51HN8726rlIxsk0Ak9Rxf1/aWelRq
GAih4sCzGWtmmvR07A2nxOAGqqA0DwiEmApQjK5SPtUecQKL9fY0LBlTNYvK2ueZ
/jvlPAhOiRUUNULL+qM+kG/YNyGDyS4RVXMqgiRzjDKc30q8Z6AB9ywPzgntFFdS
lDahSmaYf0i6j9s1cWs91GtBl4fEaDGigQQZNrzBNHf2KCiN0Vi8aNBh47zXjJrY
x0jj8TJ98z7cOFZBAS4NcjHcWbp6OnAQgIqVyue7+U+G1PtN25n+7A== =A9OS -----END PGP
SIGNATURE-----