Re: wavelet analysis

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: Re: wavelet analysis
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 21:13:12 +0100

Gabriel Clauzet wrote:

> I am a brasilien studant. I need to make a wavelet analisys in my
> gradueded work. Is it posible to make in octave ? Where i found
> informations about wavelet analisy for octave ?

I got, somewhere in the net, for matlab:

rice-uni-wavelet.tar.Z: Anonymous ftp from cml.rice.edu (128.42.62.23)
in directory /pub/dsp/software

WaveLab0600.tar.gz: http://playfair.stanford.edu/~wavelab
WaveLab .600 is a library of Matlab routines for wavelet analysis,
wavelet-
packet analysis, cosine-packet analysis and matching pursuit. The
library is
available free of charge over the Internet.  Versions are provied for
Macintosh, UNIX and Windows machines.

I guess that a fast search will give more results. I have also made a
wrapper for the NR wavelet public domain files. You can find them (a
script and an oct file) at http://merlin.inescn.pt/~qual. No docs, as
usual (and one still complains that Octave documentation is sometimes
not 100% correct!!!)

Boa sorte,
Joao

> Thank's
> gabriel

> Gabriel Clauzet - Aluno de Mestrado do Labmet - DOF - IOUSP
> mail para: address@hidden
> tel cml: 818 6512 fax: 210 3092
> tel res: 885 0291

Joao Cardoso                |   e-mail: address@hidden
INESC, R. Jose Falcao 110   |   tel:    + 351 2 2094322
4050 Porto, Portugal        |   fax:    + 351 2 2008487