Re: octave script in cgi-bin

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: octave script in cgi-bin
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 22:12:17 -0500 (CDT)

I seem to have answered my own question, but I'd still like to know if
there's a better way to do this.  This script....

#!/usr/local/bin/octave -qf
disp(['\n'])
rand(3)

Will work when called by the web server.  The 'disp' line just writes a
newline.  (I tried it before with a space in the line and that did not
work -- it seems to need a completely empty line.)  This works, but seems
inelegant.

Also, are there security issues with doing this?  It looks pretty safe
to me, but I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Regards,

Mike