RE: neural Network/optimization/perl (fwd)

From: Michael Hanke
Subject: RE: neural Network/optimization/perl (fwd)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 09:29:15 +0200

On Fri, 08 Oct 1999, address@hidden wrote:

>Here is the simulated annealing code.  It's a dynamically loaded octave
Thanks a lot for providing the code.

My question is a little bit off-topic but it seems as if many subscribers of
this list are interested in simulated annealing. So I will take the
opportunity...

The given code as well as many others assume that only simple bound constraints
are available. In my problem, I have to deal with highly nonlinear inequality
constraints. So it is necessary that the generation of the trial points take
the topology of the feasible domain into account in order to avoid to many
unnecessary computations outside the feasible set. Does somebody have any
suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Yours,
Michael Hanke

|  Michael Hanke                Royal Institute of Technology   |
|                               NADA                            |
|                               S-10044 Stockholm               |
|                               Sweden                          |
|  Visiting address:            Lindstedtsvaegen 3              |
|  Phone:                       + (46) (8) 790 6278             |
|  Fax:                         + (46) (8) 790 0930             |
|  Email:                       address@hidden               |
|                               address@hidden       |