strings parameters in C++ subroutine

From: Don Fisher
Subject: strings parameters in C++ subroutine
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 18:04:10 -0700

How does one convert a string parameter to a standard null terminated C
type string. I have been able to decode numeric values using

value = (int) args(1).double_value();

type calls. But I do not know how to construct the same for character
strings.

Is there documentation on how the arg lists and return value lists are
formatted?

thanks
don
|    Don Fisher                           address@hidden  |
|    MMT Observatory                      VOICE: (520)621-7647    |
|    University of Arizona                FAX:   (520)670-5740    |
|    Tucson, AZ  85721                                            |