install on Sun U10

From: royle
Subject: install on Sun U10
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 09:38:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Folks,
 I have installed Octave successfully on my pentium Linux box and
am trying to get it running on a Sun Ultra running Solaris 2.6.
I ran ./configure and that went well, but when I do the make
I get literally thousands of lines output that look like those
shown below.  Apparently, I'm missing something but I'm not
quite sure what it is. Can someone give me a hint?

BTW, thanks to all for pointers to the manual yesterday.

kind regards
andy

pt-exp-base.h:30: string: No such file or directory
In file included from dynamic-ld.cc:65:
dirfns.h:26: ctime: No such file or directory
dirfns.h:28: string: No such file or directory
In file included from dynamic-ld.h:26,
                 from dynamic-ld.cc:66:
oct-obj.h:30: string: No such file or directory
In file included from dynamic-ld.cc:68:
toplev.h:26: cstdio: No such file or directory
toplev.h:34: string: No such file or directory
In file included from dynamic-ld.cc:71:
parse.h:26: string: No such file or directory
In file included from dynamic-ld.cc:72:
pt-fvc.h:30: ctime: No such file or directory
In file included from pt-fvc.h:42,
                 from dynamic-ld.cc:72:
mappers.h:26: string: No such file or directory
In file included from pt-fvc.h:43,
                 from dynamic-ld.cc:72:
pt-fvc-base.h:30: ctime: No such file or directory
pt-fvc-base.h:34: string: No such file or directory
In file included from dynamic-ld.cc:73:
symtab.h:30: string: No such file or directory
In file included from dynamic-ld.cc:74:
utils.h:29: string: No such file or directory
making dirfns.d from dirfns.cc
dirfns.cc:40: cerrno: No such file or directory
dirfns.cc:41: cstdio: No such file or directory
dirfns.cc:42: cstddef: No such file or directory
dirfns.cc:43: cstdlib: No such file or directory
dirfns.cc:44: cstring: No such file or directory
dirfns.cc:46: string: No such file or directory

J. Andy Royle, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service - Office of Migratory
Bird Management; 11510 American Holly Drive , Laurel, MD 20708-4017;
phone - 301-497-5673 fax - 301-497-5706 email - address@hidden