Re: disp in a cycle?

From: Stefano Ghirlanda
Subject: Re: disp in a cycle?
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 11:52:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> Suppose my program contains the lines:
>
> for i=1:10
>     disp(i)
>     <some operators>
> endfor
>
> Thus, I'd like to have the number of the current step displayed
> while the cycle goes on.  But it happens that first the cycle
> runs "silently", but when it is already over I get a column of
> 1
> 10
>
> How can I fix this behavior?

disp(i)
fflush(stdout)

(stdout is buffered)

Cheers,
Stefano

 Stefano Ghirlanda, Zoologiska Institutionen, Stockholms Universitet
    Office: D554, Arrheniusv. 14, S-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 164055, Fax: +46 8 167715, Email: address@hidden
   Support Free Science, look at: http://rerumnatura.zool.su.se