Re: WIN 98 /NT installation questions

From: h h
Subject: Re: WIN 98 /NT installation questions
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:54:49 -0700 (PDT)

--- h h <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks to Dirk who cleared a lot of things for me.
>
> There is one problem though: In octave, I can only
> do "dir or ls" once.
> After that, it just hangs. This might be a cygnus
> problem and I am
> downloading B20.1 to see if it works.
>
> Thanks.
>
> hh

Just to follow up on my previous post. The octave binary availabe at
the Octave home ftp site requires cygnus B19. B20.1 did not help my
win98 problem. I then tried the octave binary and cygnus B19 on a NT
4.0 box with sp4, it worked without any problem (so far). It looks my
win98 box is somewhat corrupt (I have some minor problems for other
programs running on it).

Thanks.

hh