Re: fsolve features

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: fsolve features
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:47:22 +0200 (CEST)

   And what about the other methods from minpack?  For example the
   interfaces to some least square fitting function which are derived
   from LEvenberg-Marqurdt methods?  Having fitting functions would be
   really nice!  But I don't speak fortran.

An .m file implementation of  the Levenberg-Marquardt method taken from the
mathworks   archives   and  converted   for   octave   can   be  found   at
ftp://fly.cnuce.cnr.it/pub/software/octave/leasqr/.  Don't ask me questions
about hte algorithm, I just converted it, and I don't understand it.

--
Francesco Potorti` (researcher)        Voice:    +39-050-593 203 (op. 211)
Computer Networks Group                Fax:      +39-050-904052