Re: oct files

From: heberf
Subject: Re: oct files
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 14:45:27 -0500 (CDT)

> hi again!
>
> this is my second attempt in getting some help from the
> octave gurus... :) seriously, i really need to know, if
> there is any way of reshaping a matrix in a .oct file,
> without having to use the feval function, i once thought
> this wold be a easy job, only needed to change the rows
> and columns values of a matrix, but i found that reshape
> was a script file(.m) and that in reallity it creates a
> second matrix sized of the reshape value, and then it
> copies the content of the matrix to this new one...
> is there any other way? please...

I don't see what is wrong with this approach.  If it were me then in my
oct-file
I would first create the matrix of the size I want and initialize it with zeros
(1 line in an .oct file).  Then I would fill it in with elements of the
argument
matrix.  This seems fast and easy.  Maybe there is something I don't
understand.
Why would you want it another way?

Heber Farnsworth