RE: Octave speed up (Was: execution speed in *oct files)

From: Van den Eynde Gert
Subject: RE: Octave speed up (Was: execution speed in *oct files)
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 08:39:46 +0200

gvde>By the way, do you think it is feasible to use Blitz++ or MTL as a
gvde> Matrix/Vector base for Octave ? Do you think it is useful ?

jwe> [This question was sent directly to me, but I'm responding to the list
jwe> since it is probably of somewhat general interest.  --jwe]
jwe>
jwe> Yes, in the long term, I think it would probably be useful to use
jwe> something that is better designed than the Octave matrix classes.  It
jwe> would help if the solution we adopt is defined by some sort of
jwe> standard, which neither Blitz++ nor MTL has become (yet).

There is a proposal for a Standard MV Class by E.R. Tisdale
http://www.netwood.net/~edwin/svmt/
However, I don't know if either Blitz++ or MTL follow this proposal.

Bye,
Gert

                                '''''
                               (-o-o-)
| Gert Van den Eynde                      mailto:address@hidden |
| SCK-CEN                      http://www.sckcen.be/people/gvdeynde |
| Reactor Physics                                                   |
| Boeretang 200                                                     |
| B-2400 Mol               .oooO                                    |
| Belgium                  (   )   Oooo.                            |
                                   (_/