Re: Save a plot to .ps

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Save a plot to .ps
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 12:28:21 -0500 (CDT)

On 31-May-1999, Daniel Heiserer <address@hidden> wrote:

| address@hidden wrote:
| >
| > On 28-May-1999, Thomas Hoffmann <address@hidden> wrote:
| >
| > | Because we do start with a known terminal type (x11, pm or so) on
| > | any system
| >
| > We do?  Octave doesn't know about any terminal setting commands that
| > might happen to be in a user's .gnuplot file.
|
| Well then octave should know! (I think)
| gnuplot is ocatve's client so it is just fair to know his settings.

I will agree that the current interface is not perfect, but for me, it
is good enough.

If you would like for it to be better, then implement an interface to
gnuplot that works better than the current one, and submit the
changes, or distribute them yourself, separately from Octave.

(Haven't I said this enough times by now?)

jwe