gplot command with linestyle

From: Dipl.-Ing. Stefan Zimmermann
Subject: gplot command with linestyle
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 11:59:22 +0200

Hello,

I want to make plots with different linewidths, but using:

octave:1> gset linestyle 1 linetype 1 linewidth 2

for a plot like

octave:2> gplot data with lines linestyle 1

results in

error: `linestyle' undefined near line 2 column 23
error: evaluating expression near line 2, column 23
error: evaluating plot style command

I tried:

octave:3> gplot data with lines linetype 1 linewidth 2

but this yields:

parse error:

>>> gplot data with lines linetype 1 linewidth 2
                                              ^

What is the problem and how can I avoid it?
(Perhaps it´s a bug?)

I use octave 2.0.13 and gnuplot 3.7

Thanks, S: Zimmermann

--