Re: problems in installing octave-2.0.14

From: Thomas Walter
Subject: Re: problems in installing octave-2.0.14
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 10:09:06 +0200

    Yolanda> I've been trying to install octave, and for now I'm desesperated.
    Yolanda> The system is a sparc-sun-solaris2.6
    Yolanda> I've installed the GNU make 3.77, gcc 2.8.1 and the libstdc++ 2.8.1
    Yolanda> cause the versions in the system were quite old.

    Yolanda> It's seen it hasn't any problem in configure, but crashed (after a
    Yolanda> long time) in the make.

    Yolanda> First I tried simple "make". But I also tried to compile without
    Yolanda> debugging symbols (make CFLAGS=-O CXXFLAGS=-O
    Yolanda> LDFLAGS=)

    Yolanda> I will apreciated any help.

If I remember correctly about some notes from 'teTeX' the problem may
be 'make-3.77' on some systems like Sun using SunOS or Solaris.  On
these systems make-3.77 needs to be fixed or simply use 'make-3.76.1'.

Hope this helps and it may be simpler than watching lots of messages
from make.

Bye
Thomas

--
Platzangst:
Der dauerhafte Zustand eines Luftballons.

Dipl. Phys. Thomas Walter
Inst. f. Physiklische Chemie II
Egerlandstr. 3                          Tel.: ++9131-85 27326 / 27330
91058 Erlangen, Germany                 email: address@hidden