From: Timothy H. Keitt
Subject: loading shared libraries under RH 6.0
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 09:56:35 -0400

Hi,

After upgrading to redhat 6.0, I am having problems mixing STL code with
octave library code in my .oct files.  They compile fine and even
execute until I allocate an STL data structure.  Here's the error:

octave: error in loading shared libraries:
/home/keitt/src/octave/local/expwdist.oct: undefined symbol:
insert_unique__t7rb_tree5ZdZdZt8identity1ZdZt4less1ZdZt24__default_alloc_template2b1i0RCd

Actually, I think I had this problem before, but got around it
by not using mkoctfile and simply doing

    gcc -shared -o file.oct file.cc -lstdc++

If I do that now, I get a core dump when I try to load the
shared library code into octave.

Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

Tim

--
Timothy H. Keitt
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis