Re: Plotting question

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: Re: Plotting question
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 15:00:49 +0000

Daniel Tourde wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I would like to plot informations that comes from time to time on a
> gnuplot window that will not erase itself at each replot.
>
> Basically here is the problem:
> I have two curves (a red one and a green one for instance) describing
> the position in x and y of 2 objects. Their positions evolves with time
> and computation. I don't want to have the final plotting but I want to
> see the progression of the computation. If I use plot and replot, it
> erases the window and I see only the last variation which is something I
> don't want. I want to be able to add information to an existing plot and

have you tried "hold"?

octave:1> help hold
hold is a builtin text-function

hold [on|off]

determine whether the plot window is cleared before the next line is
drawn.  With no argument, toggle the current state.

> to keep them under the same label (my red and green lines).
>
> Does anyone know how to do it ?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
>                         Daniel Tourde
> --
> Daniel TOURDE                                   E-mail : address@hidden
> The Aeronautical Research Institute of Sweden   Tel : +46 8 55 54 93 44
> P.O. Box 11021 S-161 11 BROMMA, Sweden          Fax : +46 8    25 34 81

Joao Cardoso                |   e-mail: address@hidden
INESC, R. Jose Falcao 110   |   tel:    + 351 2 2094322
4050 Porto, Portugal        |   fax:    + 351 2 2008487