C++ level interface to octave?

From: Michael J. Krasnicki
Subject: C++ level interface to octave?
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 16:39:09 -0500 (EST)

Hello,
   I'm looking for a C++ class that would allow me embed an octave interpreter
in another C++ program with the ability to exchange data between the C++
program and the octave interpreter.

Essentially I would like to have to ability to:
   1) manipulate the interpreter's global variable list from a C++ API
   2) pre-parse .m files into octave's tree_expression(s)
   3) run pre-parsed tree_expressions

I realize that one could easily cook this sort of thing with the use of named
pipes and a separate octave process running in the background. But, I'm
interested in writing a tool that would execute the same user provided octave
script (on different data) over 100,000 times. So, I want to make it as fast
as possible.

Does such a C++ library exist? Is anyone working on it?

Thanks for your help,
Michael