Re: How to generate a .eps file ?

From: Daniel Heiserer
Subject: Re: How to generate a .eps file ?
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 10:25:23 +0100

Daniel Tourde wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I use Octave to make computation and to display the results with Gnuplot
> (Nothing extraordinary until now...). Now I would like to put the graphs
> in my tex report. To do so, I need to generate a .eps file (encapsulated
> postscript).
>
> Here is how I proceed :
>
> clearplot
> gset term postscript landscape color

Well as for good tools there are always more than one way to go (perl
philosophy) :-).
1st)
"gset term postscript eps color"
options available via gnuplot and "help set;help term help postscript"
2nd)
tex or let's say latex, what most people use has many import features
for
eps files. With some you can rotate and zoom the plot easily.
"\usepackage{amsmath,latexsym,german,epsfig,graphics,color,umlaute,pifont}
\epsfig{file=bilder/myeps.eps,angle=90,width=80mm}
"
There are really many features including eps-files in your report.
Read the latex-books.

> gset output "/home/lorient/ffa/ase/octave/ase2/data/misc/bessj.eps"
> title ("Bessel functions of the first kind, Jn(x)");
> xlabel ("x")
> ylabel ("y=Jn(x)")
>
> # Postscript ploting
> gplot fig0 title "n=0"
>
> I obtain a postscipt file but unfortunately it's in the wrong position
> (portrait instead of landscape) as I want it to be. I may be wrong in
> the commands I give.
>
> Does anybody know the right way to do it ?
>
> Thanks in advance for any information.
>
>                                 Daniel
>
> --
> Daniel TOURDE                                   E-mail : address@hidden
> The Aeronautical Research Institute of Sweden   Tel : +46 8 55 54 93 44
> P.O. Box 11021 S-161 11 BROMMA, Sweden          Fax : +46 8    25 34 81

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
                                 Daniel Heiserer
-----
Dipl.-Phys. Daniel Heiserer, BMW AG, Knorrstrasse 147, 80788 Muenchen
Abteilung EK-20
Tel.: 089-382-21187, Fax.: 089-382-42820
mailto:address@hidden