Installing Octave on Windows95

From: Peter Ho
Subject: Installing Octave on Windows95
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 18:11:07 +0000

Apologies to those whom this question is irrelevant. This is a question
on installing octave on
windows95.

I have not been able to install octave on windows95. Does anyone know of

any documentation
that will explain how this is done in  a systematic way? I have read the

manual and the readme
files that can be found in the ftp site.
I have doneload the following files:

            Usertools.exe
            octave-2.0.13-i386-pc-cygwin32.tar.gz
            less-gnu-win32_tar.gz
            PIPE-GNUPLOT.EXE
            Termcap
            Gptwin32.zip

I started with installing gnuplot32 and this seemed to be installed
correctly.
I could not fine where to untar the 2 files  less-gnu-win32_tar.gz and
octave-2.0.13-i386-pc-cygwin32.tar.gz and used winzip95 to extract the
files, and placed the extracted files in the same directory as the
gnuwin32.
As it happened the bash.exe did not work when I typed sh
./install-octave.
I copied the base.exe into the same directly where install-octave was
located and then ran sh ./install-octave again. This still did not work.

Please can anyone help? As you can see I do not know what to do next.

Peter Ho
Escola Superior de Biotecnologia
Universidade Católica Portuguesa
Rua Dr. António Bernardino de Almeida