RE: How do I build low pass filter?

From: Van den Eynde Gert
Subject: RE: How do I build low pass filter?
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 13:55:06 +0100

>Can anybody tell how I should proceed to filter out some "spikes"
>from a vector of data using Octave?

>If I visualize the vector I can see its basically regular structure which
>is disturbed by some zig-zags which I would like to eliminate (mainly to
>be able to find meaningful extrema of the basic structure).

Hi Thomas,

I think it would be a good idea to use wavelet analysis.

Have a look at http://playfair.stanford.edu/~wavelab

Wavelab is a set of mfiles for working with wavelets. They give some
hints on using wavelets for de-noising data.

Sincere greetings,

Gert

| Gert Van den Eynde                                           |
| Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Techniques in Nuclear Science        |
| SCK-CEN  Research Centre for Nuclear Energy                  |
| MOL - BELGIUM                                                |
| address@hidden                                           |