mesh plot error

From: Brian Tyrrell
Subject: mesh plot error
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 14:54:13 -0500

The following is a replication of an error I encountered when writing a
script:

octave:1> x=linspace(0,10,100);
octave:2> y=linspace(0,10,200);
octave:3> z=zeros(100,200);
octave:4> rows(z)
ans = 100
octave:5> columns(z)
ans = 200
octave:6> length(x)
ans = 100
octave:7> length(y)
ans = 200
octave:8> mesh(x,y,z);
error: mesh: rows (z) must be the same as length (x) and
columns (z) must be the same as length (y)
error: evaluating index expression near line 80, column 9
error: evaluating if command near line 56, column 7
error: evaluating if command near line 53, column 5
error: evaluating if command near line 39, column 3
error: called from `mesh' in file
`/home2/tyrrell/octave/share/octave/2.0.13.95/m/plot/mesh.m'
octave:8>

According to the error message, "rows (z) must be the same as length (x) and
columns (z) must be the same as length (y)," but this condition is met.

However, "mesh(y,x,z)" works.  Is it the case that the documentation and
error message are incorrect, or is mesh implemented backwards?  (Or am I
going crazy?)

Thanks.

Brian Tyrrell