OCTAVE: Matlab v5 Compat.

From: Darren Farmer
Subject: OCTAVE: Matlab v5 Compat.
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 08:14:03 +0800 (WST)

Hi all,

I am interested to gauge how compatible octave is with the current
version of Matlab (v5) or implementations that look to maintain
compatibility (if any).  The on-line info implies quite significant
compatibility with v4.

I use Matlab v5 for research work but am looking to running OCTAVE on
linux at home - hopefully with the same code PLUS !

One area that I am really keen on is the ability to
use 'load' on ASCII files with comments embedded (lines begin % - as for
Matlab v5 BUT NOT in v4)  and ability to load matlab v5 *.mat files.

thanks

Darren Farmer