Dynamic Loading - F77_FCN and F77_XFCN - compiler warnings

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Dynamic Loading - F77_FCN and F77_XFCN - compiler warnings
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 15:02:54 -0600 (CST)

On 22-Nov-1998, john <address@hidden> wrote:

|      I was creating C++ wrapper to call fortran for an Airy function -
| C++ attached below.
|
| While compiling I get a series of warnings:

| airy.cc:152: warning: variable `int nc' might be clobbered by `longjmp' or
| `vfork'
| airy.cc:154: warning: variable `int r' might be clobbered by `longjmp' or
| `vfork'
| airy.cc:154: warning: variable `int c' might be clobbered by `longjmp' or
| `vfork'
| /usr/local/include/octave/dMatrix.h:55: warning: variable `int m' might be
| clobbered by `longjmp' or `vfork'
| /usr/local/include/octave/dMatrix.h:55: warning: variable `int n' might be
| clobbered by `longjmp' or `vfork'
|
| They are something to do with F77_XFCN. Do they matter? Can they be made
| to go away?

Unless your Fortran subroutine calls XSTOPX, there is probably no need
to use F77_XFCN to call it.  You can simply use the F77_FCN macro
instead.  Please check out the comments in the message
http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/mailing-lists/help-octave/1998/723.

BTW, I've updated Octave's Bessel functions for the next release to
use the library written by D. E. Amos and I've included Hankel and
Airy functions with a mostly Matlab-compatible interface.  The
current test release available from the Octave ftp site includes the
changes.

jwe