Problem running octave

From: Vitaliy A Repin
Subject: Problem running octave
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 21:58:02 +0300

Hello, All!

I've installed octave 2.0.13 from binary distribution (RPM).
All was Ok during installation procedure.  But when I try
to run octave it writes the following:

error: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...
error: attempted clean up apparently failed -- aborting...
Aborted (core dumped)

What's the problem?  And how can I solve it?
All suggestions are welcome.

May be the following information will be useful:
libc: glibc-2.0.5c-10
libg++: libg++-2.7.2.8-6
ld.so: ld.so-1.9.5-5

linux kernel 2.0.32 (RedHat 5.0 distribution)

Good-bye!
                                                                  WBR, Vitaly.