accessing Matrix and ComplexMatrix objects

From: Michael J Ursiak
Subject: accessing Matrix and ComplexMatrix objects
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 11:05:27 -0500 (EST)

I am interfacing a lanczos fortran subroutine with octave and have a
question about Matrix and ComplexMatrix objects.  The fortran subroutine
may will return a Matrix or ComplexMatrix of size m by n, but I it may
only have m by k (k < n) significant elements which I want to return from
the wrapper function to the octave environment.  How can I access the
m by n Matrix (or ComplexMatrix) and copy its elements to a m by k Matrix
(or ComplexMatrix) to return from the wrapper function to the octave
environment.  Thanks.