Re: Doubled colon in LOADPATH not expanding to default path

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: Doubled colon in LOADPATH not expanding to default path
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 11:55:19 +0200 (METDST)

Thanks for your reply, John.

    JWE> I didn't know about this feature.  Perhaps I'm not using
    JWE> kpathsea as well as I could, since none of Octave's path
    JWE> variables get default values from a kpathsea config file.

I looked at the KPathSea source and found a function that does the job of
default path expansion (in kdefault.c).  Here is its prototype:

/* Check for leading colon first, then trailing, then doubled, since
   that is fastest.  Usually it will be leading or trailing.  */
string
kpse_expand_default P2C(const_string, path,  const_string, fallback);

According to the Makefile, it seems that kdefault.lo is included in
libkpathsea, so kpse_expand_default should be available from within
Octave.

    JWE> In any case, here is a quick patch that
    JWE> will make Octave do what you want, at least for LOADPATH.
    JWE> [...]

Thanks for the patch.

--
Rafael Laboissiere