lsim and butter for octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: lsim and butter for octave
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 00:42:34 -0500 (CDT)

On 24-Sep-1998, Erich Schneider <address@hidden> wrote:

| Since I need to use matlab's lsim and butter intensively I have ported
| them to octave. However, there were only minor modifications of the
| original matlab files necessary.
|
| I had to write ltitr.oct as a replacement for matlab's builtin function
| ltitr. This function is called by lsim. The output of butter can be
| used in octave's filter function.
|
| The following files are needed for lsim and butter to work properly:
|
| CPLXPAIR.M  LP2LP.M     SSSELECT.M  abcdchck.m  buttap.m    ltitr.cc
| LP2BP.M     LSIM.M      TF2SS.M     abcdchk.m   butter.m    ltitr.oct
| LP2BS.M     SERIES.M    TFCHK.M     append.m    cloop.m     stest.m
| LP2HP.M     SS2ZP.M     ZP2SS.M     bilinear.m  lltitr.m
|
| Since a part of the files remained unchanged, I'm not quite sure how to
| distribute them to people who are interested in using them without
| hurting matlab's copyrights. Maybe someone could give me an advice.

I doubt that you can distribute the MathWorks' code without their
permission, and I'd bet that your license doesn't give you
permission.  I don't know whether it is legal to distribute your
modifications to their files.  If the license is not clear, perhaps
you should ask the Mathworks for clarification.

In any case, it would be much more useful to the users of Octave for
someone to provide freely redistributable implementations of these
functions (not derived from the Mathworks' code, of course!) so that
we could all use them.

Thanks,

jwe