web and octave, gnuplot and jpeg/gif

From: Daniel Heiserer
Subject: web and octave, gnuplot and jpeg/gif
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:49:35 +0200

Hi,
I want to use octave as a creator for pictures used in my browser
(myoctvae_porgramm.cgi).

As far as I have seen gnuplot does not support jpeg or gif which could
easily be loaded and showed by netscape.

Is there a format which could be viewd by netscape or do I have to start
a routine via system("convert #.ps #.gif") to make it run?

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
                                 Daniel Heiserer