Binary distribution problem ...

From: H. Brown Cribbs III
Subject: Binary distribution problem ...
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 12:19:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi:
  I've tried [repeatedly] to install Octave 2.0.13 on my Red Hat Linux
v4.2 (kernal 2.0.34) machine running the ECGS 1.0.3 compiler suite.
I've been able to compile and run octave on another machine with the same
library revisions, but every binary distribution I've made core dumps on
any command, even 'help.'  The binary release from the Octave homepage
core dumps on startup (I never even get the octave prompt).

I'm pretty sure my libraries are upto date, so I'm at a loss. I've even
added many directories to /etc/ld.so.conf and reran "ldconfig -v" to see
if that would help.  Any ideas?

By upto date on the library front here's the specifics:
        ld.so.1.7.14
        libc.so.5.44
        libm.so.5.0.9
        libg++.so.27.1.4
        libstdc++.27.1.4
I wish I had room to compile on my target system, but that's
not possible since its VERY limited on disk space.

Thanks for any and all help in advance,
Brown Cribbs