Re: passing strings to GNUplot

From: Arnd Baecker
Subject: Re: passing strings to GNUplot
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 23:20:08 +0200 (METDST)

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Mario Storti wrote:

[...]

> First of all you have to quote the filename, and secondly you must use
> eval since gnuplot cannot expand strings .
>
> Use
>
> octave> eval(["gset output \"" pfile "\""])

And that's why I switched back to fudgit
as interface to gnuplot...
Using fudgit one can easily define strings and
use them in the so-called plotting mode, like for example
  let InputFile="in.dat"
  pm plot "${InputFile}" us 1:2
The string is expanded before the whole line is passed
to gnuplot.

Wouldn't it be possible and convenient to have
a similar mechanism in octave ?

Arnd