Re: make on Solaris 2.6

From: heberf
Subject: Re: make on Solaris 2.6
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 17:19:37 -0500 (CDT)

JWE was right as usual.  Once I recompiled libstdc++ to be shared the compile
worked like a charm.  But now the executable won't run.  Here's what happens

calvin:~ > octave
ld.so.1: octave: fatal: libstdc++.so.2.7.2: open failed: No such file or
directory
Killed
calvin:~ >

Can it not find libstdc++.so.2.7.2?  It's in /usr/local/lib.  What is wrong
here?

Sorry to have so many questions.  I just switched platforms and I never
encountered these particular errors on my old platform.

Heber