No warnings, please - I know it's singular

From: Dirk Laurie
Subject: No warnings, please - I know it's singular
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 15:51:16 +0200 (SAT)

My matrix is all integers (all 0's and 1's) in fact, and a crucial
step in the application depends on whether the determinant is odd
or even.  I find it annoying to see a visible warning on my screen
and in my diary files whenever the determinant is 0 (which happens
quite often).  Can I turn off the warning as in:

ยป det(E)
warning: det: matrix singular to machine precision, rcond = 0
ans = 0

or must I code my own det based on e.g. [L,U,P]=lu(E)?

Dirk