accessing structures from oct files

From: Andy Adler
Subject: accessing structures from oct files
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 18:02:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'm trying to write *.oct files which access structures
(ideally to hack a way of handling sparse matrices into
octave)

The idea being that a sparse matrix S would be represented
 S.nrow  -> number of rows
 S.ncol  -> number of cols
 S.nnz   -> number of nonzero elements
 S.nzval -> vector of nonzero elements
 S.rowind-> vector index to rows
 S.colptr-> vector pointer to rows
 S.val   -> values

I could then call the superlu package
<ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/src/lapack/SuperLU> (which already
has mex file examples for matlab)

However, I'm wondering how to access these structures from
within the *oct file.

I'd like to get
   octave_value A_arg = args(0);
   Matrix Aval= A_arg.val.matrix_value();
                      ^^^

But (of course) this doesn't work.

Thanks for any help,

Andy Adler      | American Biometric Company  | Tel:(613)736-5100x154
address@hidden | 3429 Hawthorne Rd,Ottawa,ON | Fax:(613)736-1348