DLF - returning transposed vector

From: Wonkoo Kim
Subject: DLF - returning transposed vector
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 98 00:25:59 -0400

I want to return a row or column vector depending on the vector
type of an argument to my DLF (dynamically linked function).
I declared "ColumnVector y ..." and then computed for y values.
When returning y to the caller, I wanted to transpose if an input
argument was a row vector.  But the following always returned a column
vector.  I confirmed that 'if' branched correctly according to the
input vector type, but either returned the same column vector.
What was wrong?

    ColumnVector x = args(0).vector_value();
    ColumnVector y (Ny, 0.0);
    if (args(0).matrix_value().cols() > 1) {
        return octave_value (y.transpose());
    } else {
        return octave_value (y);
    }

Since this DLF code will be called quite a lot, I need a fast code and
so I didn't want to copy to a RowVector.  (Perhaps, is x[] style
access recommended over x() (or x.elem()) access as well?)

Thanks.

// Wonkoo Kim (address@hidden)