Recipe for PostScript...

From: Jonathan M Hill
Subject: Recipe for PostScript...
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 14:15:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi there;

     Maybe this note will help another newbie, like myself. In my
digging about I produced a ``RECIPE FOR POSTSCRIPT,'' I'll summarize
with a short example.  Start with some data.

> data = [1 1; 2 2; 3 4];
> gplot data

     At this point you have a plot on the display, spice it
up by adding a title and label the axes.

> gset title 'My Title'
> gset xlabel 'X Axis'
> gset ylabel 'Y Axis'
> replot

     Next, produce the PostScript file

> gset term post
> gset out "test.ps"
> replot

     At this point the display should have disappeared, but a file
  named test.ps should have appeared in your working directory.
  The replot command is handy!  To return `to normal', just gset
  the term and replot.

> gset term x11
> replot

                                     I hope this helps;