Re: Generalized eigenvalue problem

From: A. Scottedward Hodel
Subject: Re: Generalized eigenvalue problem
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 09:18:24 -0500

octave:1> help qzval
qzval is a builtin function

X = qzval (A, B)

compute generalized eigenvalues of the matrix pencil (A - lambda B).
A and B must be real matrices.

I put the generalized eigenvalue routines from EISPACK are callable
from Octave; the LAPACK routines have not been integrated and
so the generalized eigenvectors are not directly available.

It would probably be a good project for me to get the LAPACK
calls in there too:
- allow for complex and real data
- include balancing switches
- integrate into the eig() function (for those who hunger for a
  modicum of matlab compatibility)

I just started a new job, so I don't know how quickly I
can get that done.

A S Hodel Dept Elect Eng, Auburn Univ,AL  36849-5201
On leave at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center