Longname .oct problem in OS/2 ver. (Re: need help for dynamically linked

From: Wonkoo Kim
Subject: Longname .oct problem in OS/2 ver. (Re: need help for dynamically linked function)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 98 14:04:00 -0400

> Date: Sun, 14 Jun 98 19:42:53 -0700
> From: "Steven Levine" <address@hidden>
> To: "Wonkoo Kim" <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: need help for dynamically linked function
>
> >other dir (because examples dir has oregonator.m file as well), and start
> >octave from the dir and run oregonator.  (Then I get the  error
> >messages.)
>
> Me too.
>
>   If no one answers your question in a few days.  I'll
> crank up the trace facility and find out exactly why DOSLoadModule is
> failing.  It's easy to do; just time consuming.
>
> Perhaps it's a longname problem.  Have you tried naming your test
> "hellox".  oregonator is the only .oct I can't run.  All the .oct's in
> ...\image\codes run fine.

I think you've pinned it down the problem!  Making long names shorten,
.oct DLFs became working.  (xx_hello.oct worked, but xxx_hello.oct
failed.)

I use long names for .m files, but why not for .oct files?
AFAIK, long name .oct files are supported in Octave for unix,
but why not in OS/2 port of Octave?

Thanks.

// Wonkoo Kim (address@hidden)