binary file format??

From: Rusty Boyd
Subject: binary file format??
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 13:17:51 CST

What is the file format used when using the 'fwrite' function, or, more to the

point, how can I read a file created with this function using a 'C' program. I

have tried every precision type listed, but after about 30 or so items from a
column vector, the numbers start making no sense (to me). For example, instead

of 0xFFFF, the file will contain FFDF, or, instead of 0x000E, it will be
0x00E0.
Thanks in advance,
Rusty

Rusty Boyd