Locate core dump?

From: Huaiyu Zhu
Subject: Locate core dump?
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 16:14:36 -0600 (MDT)

Hi,

I'm using octave for some heavy number-crunching and got core-dumps quite
often (after one hour computing).  My programs are quite complicated so
it's unlikely to reproduce the bug in a shorter program.

Since octave says " .... stopping myself", I'm wondering if it's possible
to show the calling sequence when it failed.  That way I may be able to
localize it in a shorter program.

error: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
save to `octave-core' complete
error: attempted clean up seems to have failed -- aborting...
IOT trap/Abort (core dumped)
address@hidden:~/matlab/diffuse3$ octave
Octave, version 2.0.5 (i486-pc-linux-gnu).
Copyright (C) 1996 John W. Eaton.
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
For details, type `warranty'.

Huaiyu
--
Huaiyu Zhu                      Tel: 1 505 984 8800 ext 305
Santa Fe Institute              Fax: 1 505 982 0565