Histograms

From: Dave Jansing
Subject: Histograms
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 11:52:11 -0400 (EDT)

When I think of a 1-D histogram, I think of a frequency distribution
with one independent variable (like the hist function in Octave).  When I
think of a 2-D histogram, I think of a frequency distribution with two
independent variables.  So, a 2-D hist would have a x1, x2 & y, where x1 & x2
are the independent features and y is the frequency of occurance.

Is there any such function in Octave?  In the end, I would like to view
the frequency distributions of certain 2-D pdf functions, like a 2-D gaussian
with mean of zero and variance of one.

--
                               Dr. David Jansing
       University of Louisville - Department of Electrical Engineering