Re: BLAS, LAPACK, ...

From: Michael Hanke
Subject: Re: BLAS, LAPACK, ...
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 11:37:43 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 11 May 1998, Markus Svensen wrote:

> Hi
>
> As far as I understand, Octave is (largely) built on the BLAS, LAPACK,
> LINPACK and EISPACK libraries?
>
> For a number of architectures, there exist specific,
> architecture-tweaked versions of  these libraries which offer
> significant increase in performance, compared the standard version (e.g.
> offering parallelized code on multi-processor systems). Does anyone
> knows if there is a way to make Octave use such pre-existing libraries?

Yes.
The build tree uses the DEC OSF dxml library if it is available. I am
working on a SUN architecture. I include the Sun Performance Library
instead of the Fortran packages. I tried to include it in the
autoconfigure script but I got lost. I had to struggle much with the
Sun loader and the Sun licensing system. Finally it worked. if
somebody could help me to taylor the autoconfig script I could give
the necessary informations.

Hope that helps.

Michael

|  Michael Hanke                Royal Institute of Technology   |
|                               NADA                            |
|                               S-10044 Stockholm               |
|                               Sweden                          |
|  Visiting address:            Lindstedtsvaegen 3              |
|  Phone:                       + (46) (8) 790 6278             |
|  Fax:                         + (46) (8) 790 0930             |
|  Email:                       address@hidden               |
|                               address@hidden       |