BLAS, LAPACK, ...

From: Markus Svensen
Subject: BLAS, LAPACK, ...
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 11:31:03 +0200

Hi

As far as I understand, Octave is (largely) built on the BLAS, LAPACK,
LINPACK and EISPACK libraries?

For a number of architectures, there exist specific,
architecture-tweaked versions of  these libraries which offer
significant increase in performance, compared the standard version (e.g.
offering parallelized code on multi-processor systems). Does anyone
knows if there is a way to make Octave use such pre-existing libraries?

If I've understood it correctly, the standard Octave installation comes
with its own sources for these packages, which are compiled into the
cruft library (libcruft.a/so).

Thanks

Markus Svensén

Max-Plank-Institute of