help with writing my own functions

From: Karen L. Kalat
Subject: help with writing my own functions
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 14:19:47 -0400

I am trying to write a function for use inside of Octave
that includeS calls to functions from another library.
I'm trying to use "mkoctfile" with the -l option to link in
the library but when I get into Octave and call my function
it cannot find the library.

I used
mkoctfile -l/opt/fame/frb/lib/libchli.so getfame.cc

example error:

octave:1> getfame("us")
ld.so.1: octave: fatal: relocation error: symbol not found: cfmini:
referenced in
/lcl/arc/Zhome/home3/m1klk99/octave-2.0.5/examples/getfame.oct
Killed

I am very new to Octave, so can anyone tell me how to do this?

thanks.
Karen Kalat
address@hidden