Multi-line comments in Octave-mode for (X)Emacs

From: Markus Svensen
Subject: Multi-line comments in Octave-mode for (X)Emacs
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 11:11:30 +0200

Hi

I'm using Octave and to edit my m-files I use XEmacs (v. 20.4, Feb'98)
in octave-mode, combined with auto-fill-mode. When I write comments
which are longer than one line, auto-fill automatically breaks the line.
##-comments are broken with a '\' and continues indented (without any ##
inserted) on the next line, while #-comment are just broken, so the next
line becomes a code line.

Is there any (simple) way to make comments continue as comments,
properly indented and starting with ## or # as appropriate, as it works
e.g. in C++-auto-fill mode?

Thanks

Markus Svensen
Max-Plank-Institute of