PLplot package

From: Mike Blatchley
Subject: PLplot package
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 23:51:06 +0000 ( )

Joao,

I have just managed to get plplot compiled on my computer, with a few
patches here and there, and running its demos.  Also got plplot_octave.oct
built.  I can run your plplot_octave_demo.m without errors, but the
minute I try to execute standard octave-type plotting commands, I get the
following error:

 Example from your INSTALL file:
 octave:8> for i=[1:9 11:14 19:20];feval(sprintf("p%d",i));kbhit;endfor;oneplot
 X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
denied)
   Major opcode of failed request:  89 (X_StoreColors)
   Serial number of failed request:  47

 Same thing happens with:
 octave:1> grid   (or plot([1:10],[1:10]), etc.)
 X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
denied)
   Major opcode of failed request:  89 (X_StoreColors)
   Serial number of failed request:  47

Each time, I can see a window flash on the screen very quickly, but then
it goes away with the X error.  Any ideas what I might need to do,
especially since all your demo scripts work? And, I do have your PLplot
directory in octave's LOADPATH variable.

I am running this on a RedHat 5.0 i686 machine with octave 2.0.11.

Thanks,

Mike B.
address@hidden