octave & RedHat5.0

From: Enrico Cavalli
Subject: octave & RedHat5.0
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 12:27:50 +0200 (MET DST)

First of all: I apologize for a misconfiguration of my procmailrc.
After I received the first two messages from this mailing list they
were bounced back to the sender. Now everything should be OK I hope.
I'm sorry for that junk fallen in your mailbox.

That was not a very good entry in the mailing-list :(

When compiling octave-2.0.11 under Linux RH5.0 I get this error:
In file included from help.cc
signalhandlers.h:103
conflicting types for 'char * sys_siglist[]'
/usr/include/signal.h:237 previous declaration as 'const char *const
const sys_siglist[32]'

Since I succesfully compiled octave (same version) under RH4.2, I was
wondering if the problem is given by the new glibc.

I also get many errors when compiling signalhandlers.cc (now I cannot
post the exact errors).

Hope someone can help me or tell about a FAQ.

Bye.

---
Enrico Cavalli <address@hidden>
http://users.iol.it/ebcavalli/